Jul 19, 2010

Travis Touchdown

If Mario is the heart of the Nintendo Wii, Travis Touchdown is the brain with the dirty mind. No More Heroes is the series that reminds hardcore gamers that Nintendo still loves them. It's funny, violent, and sexually charged. If videogames were people No More Hero's would be in a sophomore in college. Your dorm would be your room at the No More Heroes Motel. Your roommate is a cat name Jeane. Your campus would be the city of Santa Destroy. The city's had a face lift since the first time we hung out with Travis. The once drivable streets have been taken over by skyscrapers and snowfall. Instead of using his motorcycle, Travis now uses a menu to get around the city.

Living in Santa Destroy isn't cheap, especially when Travis is hooked to buying expensive clothes. There is a solution. Various side jobs are available for Travis. Jobs include Getting Trashed, Manning the Meat and being a Coconut Grabber. The harder you work at your job the more you get paid. I found myself Laying The Pipe a lot as I went through my Desperate Struggle.

No More Heroes is supposed to bring Paradise to the Xbox 360 and the PS3 sometime this year. I guess Travis has to share his knowledge with the rest of the hardcore gamers. I'm curious to see how the game is going to play without motion controls. I think it's coming around the time of the release of the Kinect and the PlayStation Move, so I wouldn't be surprised if No More Heroes: Paradise was motion friendly. Travis Touchdown for the win.

Artwork by ImmortalSHI & Natsu88

No comments:

Post a Comment