Jul 13, 2010

Sonic the Hedgehog

Nintendo didn't hesitate at the chance to humiliate Sega when Sonic the Hedgehog went 3rd party. They ported the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure 2, added some small changes, and made Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. I love how a game with the same story as the Dreamcast version has an "Only For" seal on the Gamecube cover. Sonic Adventure 2 was the last Sonic game that mattered. I remember being blown away by the demo as I surfed downhill on the wing of an airplane. The game wasn't without it's flaws, but overall was a fun experience.

Ever since Sonic lost his home it's been one bad game after the other. He manages to stay alive with a random hit every now and again. He's currently riding high with Mario in both the Summer and Winter Olympics. There's word that he's going back to his 2D roots with his upcoming game due later this year. I'm not really excited about it, but deep down I'm rooting for the guy. His adventures on the Sega Genesis will are a staple of my childhood. I'd play those games for hours. He's a superstar in the gaming industry. Many have come and gone, but Sonic is still standing. Let's hope this decade brings the glory back with some classic games starring Sonic the Hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment