Jun 28, 2011

Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D. I don't get it

Some controversy has been brewing up with the newly released Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D. The Nintendo 3DS title apparently permanently saves your file when it saves your game. It's speculated that Capcom added this feature in order to prevent people from buying used copies of the game. I'm not sure I get it.

How does a permanent saved files stop people from playing a used copy of the game? I'm really clueless on this. Does it mean there is no NEW GAME option? Does it mean you can't save a new file due to the permanent saved file that would already be there on a used copy? Does it permanently save your file onto your 3DS or the game itself. What happens if you beat the game and want to play it again? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

What I do know is Gamefly took the game down from being rented which probably means I won't be playing it anytime soon. It sucks because I would've played it if I could rent it. I don't really care for Mercenaries 3D to be honest. I was going to play it for the demo to Resident Evil Revelations. Guess I'll have to wait until 2012 to play that.

No comments:

Post a Comment