Jun 6, 2011

E3 Unboxed

Nintendo is expected to walk away with the best show at E3. I'm not so sure about that. Project Cafe has been making headlines ever since it was announced as the codename for Nintendo's next console. Stories ranging from Project Cafe supporting HD graphics to the controller being a portable console sound cool, but what about the videogames? I've heard speculation about two titles that might end up on Project Cafe. Super Mario Galaxy 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. If Zelda shows up as a launch title on the Project Cafe then Nintendo is off to a bad start. 

Please don't name Project Cafe "Wii 2" Nintendo. I hardly play my Wii at all. I usually binge on it whenever a game I'm interested in is released. The last time I binged I was playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. That was last November. Ever since then my Wii's been collecting dust. I don't want to be reminded of how much I didn't play the Wii whenever I think about Project Cafe.

I hope Nintendo doesn't completely abandon the Wii at E3. I hope they give Link his first real Wii adventure by announcing a 2011 release date for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. As far as Super Mario Galaxy 3 goes that would be an awesome launch title for Project Cafe. Mario continuing his space adventure on a new console? Sign me up.

I still think Sony and Microsoft have a bunch of tricks up their sleeve. They've been quiet about what they have in store for E3. I expect to hear updates about Gears of War and Uncharted 3, but I'm interested to see what they are going to do with their motion peripherals. Maybe they're both ready to present original IP's  for the Move and Kinect. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony or Microsoft presented a new console. Let The Show Begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment