Aug 31, 2010

Letter to the Hip Hop Gamer

Mafia II is the most racist game I've ever played. A product of this nature coming from an industry that is predominately white makes me question why nobody has spoken up. I figured I'd ask the Hip Hop Gamer how he feels about The Situation. After a day without a response I discovered he made a song in support of Mafia II. How is the only black journalist in the gaming industry going to support this racist mess? Mafia Music? You and I both know your not Vito Scaletta. You have to be Italian or Sicilian which is a requirement to join according to the blurb I read on a Load Screen.

I've been trying to talk to this guy on Twitter, and he won't answer me back. The only response I get from the guy is:
http://twitter.com/hiphopgamer/status/22616121118
Like it or not you are the only black voice in the gaming industry. When something racial shows up people are going to look at you to see what you have to say. You've got to speak up. If you don't you're avoiding the issue in support of a racist agenda. It makes you look like a coon.

No comments:

Post a Comment